A Concise Summary of Medicare Parts A & B

A Concise Summary of Medicare Parts A & B

Medicare was formulated in 1965 when the United States president, Lyndon Johnson, promulgated Title XVIII, an amendment to the Social Security Act, to offer health insurance for people 65 years of age or older. In addition, young people with disabilities or with end-stage renal disease were also examined. Originally, the program consisted of Medicare Parts A and B, where “A” is for hospital insurance and “B” for medical insurance (for example, medical visits) and necessary medical equipment.

Medicare Part A or hospital insurance

This policy guarantees stays in the hospital, including hospital accommodation. This means being in a semi-private room, having food and going through all the necessary tests. This also includes a stay in a qualified health care facility for recovery from surgery or injury as long as the person meets certain conditions (the list of criteria can be found on the Medicare website). Now Part A also provides a deductible of approximately $ 1,185 (in 2013) and it is important to keep in mind that this is a “per service” deductible and non-deductible annuity.┬áPart A guarantees a maximum of 100 days in a care center, while the maximum duration is 90 days for hospitalizations. In addition, Medicare A also guarantees people in need of hospital treatment and suffering from a life-threatening illness with a shelf life of 6 months or less, which also ensures medication, medication, pain relief, and symptom control.┬áMedicare Part A secures the cost of hospitalization. These include hospitalization, qualified care (if the treatment is not the only care you need), home care and palliative care. For Part A benefits, multiple deductibles, co-payments, and coinsurance may be required.

Medicare Part B – Health Insurance

Some medical supplies that are not insured in Part A are generally insured in Part B for outpatient purposes. If the beneficiary or spouse is still employed and receives health insurance provided by the employer, Part B will be a deferred option. Part B insurance will take effect as soon as the person pays his deduction of $ 147 (as of 2013). Subsequently, Medicare secures 80% of approved expenses, while the person is responsible for the remaining 20%. Many people are looking for a Medicare supplement policy to ensure that parts A and B are not safe. Medicare Part B provides health insurance. It includes 2 types of services, including services needed to treat diseases or situations such as medical examinations, x-rays, laboratory tests and outpatient surgeries, as well as preventive services to stay healthy, for example. Influenza vaccination and cancer screening.

How to differentiate the parts of Medicare A and B

In addition to the general Medicare division, Parts A and B mentioned above, there are other differences between the two. In addition to the hospital stays and areas listed above, Medicare Part A also includes home care services and blood transfusions. Part B protects other areas that are not insured in Part A. Health insurance, physical therapy, and outpatient care are generally provided by Medicare Part B. Medicare Parts A and B have benefits that may apply to your situation, depending on the health insurance you need. Visit the official Medicare Supplement Plans 2020 website www.comparemedicaresupplementplans2020.com for more information about Medicare supplements.